Val Thorens: unbeatable
Val Thorens is the world’s most acclaimed high-altitude ski resort. In 2014, it was awarded the World Ski Award for the Best French Ski Resort and the World’s Best Ski Resort. Situated in a vast natural cirque overlooked by six glaciers, the Val Thorens ski area benefits from maximum snow coverage and offers a multitude of itineraries, so you can ski in the sunshine all day long and enjoy stunning panoramic views. Europe’s highest altitude resort (2300 metres) and the highest point in the 3 Vallées, it often enjoys long snow seasons. People come from around the world to ski but also to enjoy every aspect of mountain life. Extremely well-equipped, highly organised and offering a range of activities, Val Thorens is ideal for people of all ages and interests.
Ski and after
• SKI AND SNOWBOARDS: Ecole du Ski Français, Free School Attitude (FSA), Ski Cool, Prosneige.
• OFF-PISTE SKIING & HIKES: read more
• SNOWSHOEING: read more
• TOBOGGANS: read more
• BOARDERCROSS & SNOWPARK: read more
• ICE DRIVING: read more
• SPORTS CENTRE AND AQUACLUB: read more
• SNOWMOBILES: read more
• PARAGLIDING: read more
• VISITS ON FOOT: read more
• SNOW BIKING: read more
For those who enjoy excitement on and off the slopes:
• ON THE PISTES: La Folie Douce.
• BOWLING: Bowling Val Thorens.
• HERITAGE: Fondation Facim.
• RESTAURANT: L’Oxalys (two Michelin stars) or the Fitz Roy (traditional French cuisine).
• CONCERTS: Office du tourisme de Val Thorens.
• NIGHT CLUBS: Baramix, Le Klub Summit, Le Malaysia.
Ski with a champion
Discovering the Val Thorens ski area with one of the resort’s champions is an unforgettable personal, technical and aesthetic experience.
Ice Driving Academy read more
In a racing car or your own vehicle, Ice Driving lessons are given by English- and French-speaking monitors who strike a balance between learning basic techniques and extreme gliding.
Dog sledding read more
Learn to drive a 3- to 4-dog Nordic sled for an extraordinary experience in a sublime setting.
Heli-skiing read more
Flight and set-down in a helicopter on the peaks. Descent on skis or snowboard. This service is available to one or more sites from Val Thorens.